The State House Inn stars as a leading green hotel in Springfield and the surrounding
area. We offer high quality and environmentally friendly services along with the
style and sophistication that you have come to expect.
Earth Friendly Practices & Systems Currently in Place:
- All major pieces of equipment are computer controlled to regulate speed and output
to reduce energy usage and consumption
- Energy efficient lighting throughout the hotel
- Office recycling program and purchase of recycled paper products
- Staff education of eco-friendly programs and policies
- Purchase of reusable items, such as ceramic mugs and glasses in guest rooms and
use of glass items in the breakfast area
We are continuously working on additional ways to expand our efforts, by installing
motion sensors for lighting and recycling used furniture and equipment by donating
to local charities. If you have any questions regarding our earth-friendly policies,
please e-mail us!
How to be a Green Guest:
- Select hotels based on their environmental policies and credentials
- Don’t have your sheets and towels changed daily on a multiple night stay
- Whenever you leave your room, turn off lights, radio, and TV
- Leave unopened amenities in the room and take opened ones home
- Encourage hotels to become “green”
- For a full listing of ways to be “green” while traveling, click here.
Partners & Links:
• Energy saving water
source heat pumps in
• Linen & towel reuse
81,000 gallons of
water per year.